This took me a little while to crochet but I absolutely love the effect that popcorn stitch makes.
I used 4 skeins of mint Malabrigo worsted 100% merino yarn which I bought from one of my favourite London yarn shops, in Angel called Loop Knitting.
I have this scarf for sale in my etsy shop.
To do the crochet popcorn stitch (yarn over, insert hook in indicated stitch, yarn over and draw up a loop) 4 times, yarn over and draw through all loops on hook.
I used a 5mm crochet hook.
- Ch 23
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across – 22 sc
- Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc in next sc, *popcorn in next sc, sc in next 2 sc; rep from * across – 7 popcorn
- Row 3: Ch 1, turn, sc in each stitch across.
- Row 4: Ch 1, turn, *sc in next 2 sc, popcorn in next sc; rep from * to last sc, sc in last sc.
- Row 5: Rep Row 3.
- Rep Rows 2-5 until Scarf measures 50 in. (127 cm) from beginning, end with Row 3 or Row 5. Fasten off and weave in ends.